Tuesday 27 August 2013

Pretty in purple vegan smoothie

This smoothie is the most gorgeous colour and has a taste to match. It's a completely vegan breakfast smoothie as it's got oats in it, and trust me it's very filling. Like the jelly recipes I've put up, it's a flexible one - you can replace the fruit with equal amounts of any others. I've used blackberries because of the continuing abundance of them in my garden (and raspberries because I found some in my freezer). If you do try other combinations, let me know how they turn out!
Serves 4
Ingredients
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
3 cups soya milk
3 cups blackberries (fresh or frozen)
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 bananas
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp honey (or agave nectar/ maple syrup if you're a strict vegan)
Method
  1. Add the soya milk to the rolled oats and allow to soak in the fridge overnight (though I only soaked them for a couple of hours out of the fridge so it was slightly warmer and therefore faster).
  2. Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until mostly smooth, and it's ready to serve!
Original recipe: Pretty in purple smoothie

2 comments:

  1. This is better (so much better) than the stuff I waste money on. It was delicious and I hope you make more!

    Love Your Sister

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to try making it with different fruits. Then you can decide which is the best!

      Delete