Sunday 18 August 2013

The Challenge

I typed medicine and baking into google and this is what I found: medicine + baking = bicarbonate of soda (aka baking soda). Yep, it’s the white powder that not only works its magic in baked goodies but also has medicinal values. The way I choose to interpret this information is that baking is good for my health!! And it really is – relaxing but challenging and with a yummy reward! Perfect to take me away from the stresses of studying medicine (in my final year now :D). Though I can’t say the consumption of all the end products will be as good for me :p (meh, guess I’ll have to do some extra running to balance it out – worth it).

My name is Chandni and I am in my final year of studying medicine. It's tough and I love it, but I need something to get away from the demands and pressures of the course and career. My two main outlets: exercise/sport and creating things (cooking, drawing, crafts etc). So here is my challenge: To make at least 2 new dishes every week (not necessarily baked but probably vegan since my dad has recently become vegan), for the next 6 months (18th August 2013 – 17th February 2014) during my final year studying medicine (which will be no mean feat). That’s 26 weeks and 52 yummy dishes. The only rule I will set for myself is that if I make more than one dish in a week, e.g. 4, it will not cover me for 2 weeks – 2 dishes have to be made within each week. Hmmmm I wonder how long I can keep going before I regret this (at least I knew better than to challenge myself to one per day)...

As I share my creations, please let me know what you think of them if you try them yourself, any improvements I can make and any suggestions of what to make next (vegan recipes please). I will do my best to keep them healthy but no promises. I hope that you can give me your support and help me stay on target! 

LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!!!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!

    I can't wait to try the fruits of your labour!

    ReplyDelete