Tuesday 11 February 2014

Week 26 Dish 1: Valentine's vegan chocolate chip cookie pie

2nd last official recipe!


For my first official recipe of the week, and a potential Valentine's day treat, I have found a yummy and fairly healthy chocolate-chip cookie pie! Aren't you just drooling after reading that? I was really looking forward to baking this and I am so glad I did. You won't believe what it's made of - beans. Yes, beans. You may be skeptical but let me assure you it's worth the risk. If you bake it for your significant other, or friends and family that you love, I promise they will love you more for it - don't knock it till you've tried it!
Makes 8-12 slices
Ingredients
1 cup oats
4 tbsp sweetener granules or sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
500 g white beans - I used drained tinned cannellini
300 g pitted dates
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup soya milk
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
Method

  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease a 10 inch springform cake tin (or two 8 inch ones).
  2. Combine the oats, sweetener, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl. In another bowl mash the beans and add the dates, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla extract.
  3. Spoon about 1/3 of the contents of each bowl into a food processor and blend until smooth, and scoop into a large bowl. Repeat the process twice more.
  4. Stir the chocolate chips into the blended mixture and pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes, then cool at least 15 minutes before removing. Store in the fridge. In my opinion it tastes best cold with the crunchy chocolate bits, YUM!
Original recipe: Chocolate-chip cookie pie

No comments:

Post a Comment