Thursday 5 September 2013

Vegan chocolate

I've wanted to try this recipe for a while, even bought the ingredients for it but only just got round to it. Now that I've done it, I don't know why I waited so long! It literally took 10 minutes to prepare, and then the solidifying time. So so easy (which is why I'm not counting it as one of my 2-a-week), and not to mention delicious. It's the type of chocolate that literally melts in your mouth, a bit like the centre of a truffle (the best bit in my opinion!). I never want to buy chocolate again - this is just too good.
(I used my new rose moulds - so cool right?)

Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (cheapest from VB but you can also get it from health food shops for an extortionate price)
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp agave nectar (from health food shops)/ coconut nectar/ maple syrup/ honey if you're not vegan)
1/4 tsp stevia sweetener (I bought asdas own brand sweetener which is stevia, but I'm sure you can use truvia too!)
Method
  1. Melt the coconut over a low heat and remove from the heat as soon as it's melted.
  2. Sift in the cocoa powder and whisk until well combined.
  3. Add the sweeteners and mix well.
  4. Pour into moulds/ tray (and cut into pieces when solid)/ pour over dessert or fruit/ anything else you can think of. I will definitely be experimenting with it!
Like I said, this chocolate melts very easily so it needs to live in the fridge. SO SO GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment