Saturday 1 February 2014

Week 24 Dish 2: Vegan Mushroom muffins

Let the last 5 recipe countdown begin - 5!!!

That's right, this is my 5th last recipe for my vegan baking challenge - I can't believe its already so close to the end! I'm pretty sure I will continue baking after the challenge is complete but I am very proud of myself for keeping up with my 2 dishes per week. I have even managed to make and share a few extra recipes. I hope you have all enjoyed the recipes so far!

Today I have another savoury bake for you all, this time muffins with mushrooms. I am a big mushroom fan as are my family so these went down a treat. Definitely worth baking :D

Makes 12 small muffins
Ingredients
2 tsp oil
200 g finely chopped mushrooms
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
chili powder to taste (optional)
300 g self-raising flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
80 g oil or melted vegan margarine
1 tbsp ground linseed with 3 tbsp water
1 cup soya milk
1 tsp soy sauce
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 200 decrees C and prepare 12 silicon muffin cups on a tray.
  2. Heat 2 tsp oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the mushrooms, garlic, basil, salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes until all the liquid released by the mushrooms has evaporated.
  3. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Combine the oil/margarine, linseed mixture, milk and soy sauce in a separate bowl before adding to the dry ingredients.
  4. Fold gently until almost combine before adding the mushroom mixture. Continue to combine until just mixed. Divide between the prepared cups and bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment