Friday 13 September 2013

Vegan kiwi smoothie

I've had an exciting week so far, seen quite a few patients with signs. For those of you who are't medics, we have real patients in our exams this year with real disease signs on examination that we have to find and diagnose. Therefore patients with good signs are like gold! I saw a patient with Graves' disease, one with Parkinson's, and performed a synacthen test on another patient. Very interesting stuff!

Even more exciting - I found my dress for Final Year Dinner which is coming up soon, I'm so excited!!! Ordered it online and was quite worried about the look/ fit but it arrived yesterday and looks gorgeous!

To celebrate I made another smoothie this week (as you do) - Kiwi smoothie. Lovely pale green colour. It's the same recipe as before again (why try to fix something that isn't broken) and tasted very delicious!

Serves 4
Ingredients
1 1/3 cup rolled oats
3 cups soya milk
4 cups kiwi (about 8)
1 banana
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp honey (or agave nectar/ maple syrup)
Method
  1. Add the soya milk to the oats and allow to soak in the fridge overnight.
  2. Put all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until mostly smooth, and it's ready to serve!
Don't forget to let me know if you try any other combinations!

No comments:

Post a Comment